Madison Hall Homeowner’s Association Pool Rules Summer 2018
The lifeguard is responsible for and has full authority to enforce all of the following rules. The lifeguard shall be treated with respect at all times. Failure to do this will result in removal from the facility. Violation of the pool rules can result in disciplinary action up to and including dismissal from the pool facility.
These rules are for the health, safety and happiness of all Madison Hall Homeowners and their guests.
Lifeguard hours are 1 p.m. – 5 p.m. daily – reference schedule on page 3 for current year.
- NO DIVING IS PERMITTED IN THE POOL.
- Please shower before entering pool.
- 3. Swimming proficiency with lifeguard present: No child shall be permitted in the deep water section of the pool unless s/he can demonstrate his/her ability upon request to swim one length of the pool in good form, and tread water for at least 30 seconds.
Swimming proficiency with no lifeguard present: when no lifeguard is present, only those 14 and older are allowed to swim--an adult must accompany anyone under the age of 14. Anyone swimming that has not passed the safety/ability test and without adult supervision will be asked to leave.
- Any child wearing a flotation device must have constant parental supervision.
- The lifeguard may prohibit the use of floats and rafts in the pool when he/she feels that they are being used unsafely.
- Calling “HELP” when help is not needed is not permitted in or around the pool.
- Glass is not permitted in the pool or pool area. Broken glass, either on the pool deck or in the pool, may cause serious injury. If broken glass is found in the pool, our neighborhood will pay all costs associated with having the pool drained and the filter repaired if necessary. Anyone in violation of this rule will be asked to make a $100 donation to the pool budget.
- Food and drinks are allowed in pool area, but not in the pool.
- Horseplay (running, pushing, dunking or excessive splashing) is not permitted in or around the pool. The lifeguard may ask anyone participating in these activities to sit out of the water for a period of time or to leave the pool area if such behavior continues.
- At the discretion of the lifeguard, admission may be denied to people with open infections, rashes or sores. All incontinent bathers must have rubber pants and swim diapers. When there is vomit or fecal matter in the pool, the pool must be shut down for 24 hours per county safety codes.
- Drugs and under-age smoking and/or drinking are not permitted in or around the pool. The police will be called if anyone is caught doing drugs or taking part in under-age smoking or drinking. Our neighborhood does not want to be liable for any accidents that might occur.
- Profanity, vulgar language and improper behavior are not permitted.
- Only one person may be on a ladder at a time.
- Hanging onto the flotation line is not permitted.
- All trash is to be picked up and placed into the trash bin. The pool deck should be rinsed of spills and crumbs.
- The lifeguard may call “adult swim” for ten (10) minutes every hour. Only people 18 years and older are permitted to swim at this time. Preschool age children may be in the pool as long as they are swimming with a parent. (This might be a good time to encourage small children to have a “potty break”.)
- Guests are welcome to use the pool when accompanied by a Madison Hall homeowner.
- Individual arrangements for lifeguard service for pool parties of 10 or more people must be made with the Pool Chairperson and USA Pools 14 days prior to the event with USA Pools. An additional lifeguard is required for pool parties of 25 or more people. All associated costs are the responsibility of the Madison Hall host. This also applies to special lifeguard service after standard lifeguard hours. USA Pools must have adequate advanced notice to obtain a second lifeguard. Please avoid planning your pool parties during peak pool hours. Please contact the Pool Chairperson for more information.
- No Balloons are allowed in the pool area. (This includes ALL types of balloons including water balloons). Broken balloon pieces are an extremely dangerous choking hazard to small children.
- No tennis balls are allowed in the pool.
- No diaper changing in or around the pool (restroom or back deck area only).
- No animals are allowed in the pool or pool area.
- A Key is required to enter the pool area (and restrooms when a lifeguard is not on duty). This key is issued to each new Madison Hall Homeowner upon closing. Please keep your pool key with you when visiting the pool. If you lose your pool key, the cost to replace it is $20.
- The lifeguard will straighten the pool area at 5 p.m. before he/she leaves. If you and your group leave after the lifeguard, please tidy up before leaving. If you are the last to leave, please make sure the umbrellas are down, restroom doors are locked and gate is closed and locked.
- The pool may be used until 11 p.m. without lifeguard supervision when pool rules are being observed.
Thank you for your cooperation and consideration of others!
Have a safe and fun-filled summer!
Chris and Grace McDade
2700 Long Grove Drive
Chris’ cell: 404-392-3597
Grace’s cell: 770.316.1133
Email: [email protected]